Loss Of A Family Member

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 |

Well today started off well. I had those last few gifts to buy, so I was running around town trying to find them. I needed them before I left for town as they were my parets gifts. I was leaving at 11:30 and the way things were looking I would not make it in time. Well I found what I needed and it was a joyous day.

Got the car packed, presents wrapped, and was out the door only 10 minutes late. On the way to Great Bend we watched Elf on my iPhone, I never get tired of that movie.

When I arrived in Great Bend and my parents house j noticed something missing. Sophie our dog we had since I was in 7th grade. I just assumed she was out back and just pushed it to the back of my mind. Then when I was talking to my sister I asked why she was so sad and she went out to show me why. Sophie had passed away. The buried her in the back yard. My sister said she wrapped her in one of her baby doll blankets. That made me cry. I don't think I have really grasped the loss. She was my all time favorite dog. I remember all the good times we had. All the car rides. All the shared ice cream cones. All the nights sleeping in my bed with me. She was a very good dog and will be missed.

I just hate to look forward to the day I will need to put one of my dogs to sleep. I worry ever day about Gunner and his issues but I know that he will have the best life possible till that day comes.

Well I need to go church is starting. Sorry about any typos as this is being typed on my iPhone.

Merry Christmas all, and give your dogs a hug tonight and let them know how much you love them

Hugs,
Ryan


Posted with LifeCast


0 comments: