And so the New Year starts

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 |

What was that saying I always heard growing up? Jump in feet first.....something like that. Well the new year has started and I am on a roll. Lets run down the list real quick.

1. Get back on the weight loss track. Check
So far I have been eating right and going to the gym. Tonight I actually had a really great workout and feel great.

2. Blog more Check
Here is my blog for this week so much be going well....Only time will tell on this one.

3. Set a budget. Check (for the most part)
I have eaten out but when you cook for one or 2 people, some times it is cheaper to grab a 5.00 foot long. But I did find something on eBay today and told myself I did not need it and resisted the temptation. Go me.

4. Be more active in my community. Hard to check this one off yet but I am planning on going to the ROKICT meeting at the Library this weekend, so that is a start.

5. Spend more quality time with my family. Check
I was surprised when my family came down this weekend to help me with a few things around my house. It was nice to see them and spend the time with them.

6. Work on my relationships. A work in progress

7. Carry a Journal with me. Check/fail
I have written in it everyday this week, but not as much as I would like. Also still looking for that perfect journal. I want 1 blank page with the date at the top, if you know where I can find one like that please let me know.

8.......Here is one I thought of. I have decided that this year I am going to audition for some type of Musical. If that is with the Mosley Street Melodrama, or the Music theatre of Wichita I am going to put myself out there and try something new. Jumping in feet first.


Now for something more than just my resolutions again.

I think I am really weird. Yes I know that is a stretch of the imagination for some of you, but bear with me.

I have this need to constantly look for the new "thing" and have a thirst to have it. I am so very much a kid at heart, (must be that now I can buy what I want when I want it) that I collect a variety of different toys. I collect Power Rangers (if you have any old one lying around I will take them off your hands) I also collect Bakugan. Some of you with young kids around your house might know what these are. I don.t collect them to play the game (how weird would a 28 year old be playing a kid game?) I collect them to collect them. It is like looking for that buried treasure. And there is nothing like ripping into the new package and seeing the glorious toy that you found.

But what kills me is this. Right now I am looking for 1 more to finish off my current collection. I have to go to every Target, Walmart, and ToyRUs as often as possible looking for that one Bakugan that I need to finish my collection. And I don't mean every so often I really mean as much as possible. I have this thing in my head that if I don't go they will put the one out that I need and some one else will snatch it up. It is so hard to describe but that feeling when you find it is so great. I think that is what keeps me out for the hunt. I guess I might have been a Pirate in a previous life. That is the only thing I can think of. Not sure what I told you all that but it makes me feel better knowing people know I am freak......AAARRRGGGG shiver me timbers.

Anyways I am off for the night more to come soon.

~Ryan~

0 comments: