Life really can throw one for a loop!!!

Thursday, July 16, 2009 |

Well hello there.  It seems like it has been forever since I last posted….Oh wait it has been.  I am so sorry for that.  After all that has happened in the last few months I really need an outlet to help me get rid of some of this stress.  So let’s hope blogging helps. 

To start off, I got back from NYC about a month ago where I was there to perform on Off-Broadway.  It had to have been one of the best experiences in my life.  I saw so much and did so much that I was sure there wasn’t anything left that I could do….but had to tell myself that I was in the City that Never sleeps.  There was so much I had not done.  But I was pleased with what I did see.  I saw 3 musicals while there, Shrek, 9 to 5, and Ave. Q.  And I do not think I could pick my favorite but I do have to say Shrek was by far one of the best.  It has to be a must see for everyone. 

When I got back I had decided that I was moving to NYC to get into acting….Well that came to a halt quickly.  Zach’s bosses said that it was to far from the office and he could not work from home.  I was not about to leave Wichita with neither of us having a job.  That would suck.  So we put that thought out of our minds.  And come to find out it was for a reason. 

We went back home to Great Bend on the 4th of July to spend some time with my family.  But that turned south really fast. My father told me that he had an affair, and mom has known for the last year but did not tell anyone as they were wanting to work on it and have been trying.  Well my father on Sunday the 5th told my brother Jordan that he was leaving and he needed to.  I have 4, what I call major, conversation on that weekend with my father.  All of which are by far to much to to actually type.  But one of the ones that really stick out in my mind was when I asked him this, “You are willing to sacrifice mine, my brothers, my sisters, my moms, my brothers girl friend, and my boy friends happiness just so you can leave and go and be with this woman so you can be happy?”  He said, “YES” and I said “You are one selfish bastard…” and then I proceeded to cuss him out a whole lot more with words that I should not post there.  That was the last conversation I had with him that weekend.  Since then I have had a few more and even sent him a text after one of those conversations and told him he was not allowed to call or text me ever again.  Yes on Tuesday night he sent me a text and said I Love You.  I was so pissed.  I wanted to text him back and cuss him out more for not being able to follow a simple rule.  But I was the bigger person and just let it be.  So that is the really really short version of this story.  Sorry just mentally I do not not need to relive most of this.  I never thought I would be 29 years old and my parents who have been married 30 years and who have a 8 year old daughter and seeing my parents getting a divorcé.  I never wanted my family to be a statistic.  But I guess we are.  I am just happy that my mom is getting out of that relationship so she can move on with her life and learn to actually be happy.  She deserves that much.

So anyways onto lighter news, before I left for NYC I was cast in a play at Kechi.  The show runs all of August and is called Tons of Money.  It is a 1922 British comedy and is very funny.  If you are interested in going please let me know and I will see about getting you seats reserved. 

I hope you are all doing well and remember that life is to short not to eat that cookie you see on the counter.

Hugs

Ryan

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Like your being the selfish one! Your mom is not making him happy so he cheated. Let him go be happy or he can stay with your mom and continue to cheat,